Louisville Ky Travel Guide for First Timers: Top Recommended Places of Interest and Fun Things to Do
The state of Kentucky is bordered by Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Illinois and Missouri. In case you are a first time visitor to this place then you need to know that this state is known for conducting most popular horse race events in the world.
Apart from horse races, there are loads of fun filled activities to be taken up in this beautiful city. To begin with you can visit some of the historic landmarks of this city or spend time exploring its landscapes and rolling farms.
In case you are looking at taking up some fun filled activities then canoeing and hiking at the Mammoth Cave National Park are ideal alternatives. In fact Mammoth cave National Park is one of the most popular canoeing routes in the city. While hiking this trail you can also enjoy the scenic beauty of park's streams, water falls and small caves.
The other popular attractions of Louisville include:
- Louisville Slugger museum and factory - This 68,000 pound, 120 ft tall steel replica of the famous wooden baseball bat leans against the most historic building.
- Kentucky Derby Museum at Churchill Downs- This is one of the very few museums with interactive exhibits where visitors are even given a chance to mount a stimulated horse and even try to maintain a jockey stance for more than two minutes.
- Louisville Zoo: Accredited by the American Zoological association, this zoo houses nearly 1300 animals.
- Cherokee park: The unique feature of this park is its 2.4mile scenic loop with separate lanes for vehicles and recreational users.
- Jefferson Davis State Historic Site: The Jefferson Davis State Historic site is one of the many historic sites located in Kentucky. The State Park is home to the renowned Jefferson Davis Obelisk and a visitor's center museum where you can learn more about his life.
Fun Things to Do at Louisville
Things to Do in Louisville
Louisville Tourism and Sightseeing